- At the 63rd Synod, parishes in the Diocese of Edmonton joined a growing number of faith groups, schools, community organizations, stores and restaurants promoting fair and ethical transactions in the marketplace by committing to use Fair Trade products. You can find more information about fair trade at: www.fairtrade.ca and www.cftn.ca (Canadian Fairtrade Network). If you go to the “products and companies” tab, you can find information about companies selling Fair Trade products, and also Fairtrade products available in Canada, and where to get them.
- Fairtrade certified products are available in many grocery and health food stores. Click here for a list of Edmonton stores that carry Fairtrade products.
- Good Coffee, an Edmonton company, has coffee available that is grown in our partner diocese of Buyé, Burundi. The growers receive a return that is higher than the “fair trade” standard and, in addition, 25% of net revenue is invested in development projects there. We are drinking the coffee at Synod Office and it is excellent. Please contact John Gee to place your order.
- The Fair Trade Faith Group Program encourages congregations to engage with a global movement that gives farmers and workers, their families and their communities the opportunity to build better and more sustainable lives. To become a Fair trade faith group click here
- Fair Trade Certification
- MythsandTruths about Fairtrade