Diocesan Social Justice Committee
The Social Justice Committee of the diocese:
- provides education, encouragement awareness and understanding of the theology of social justice and its biblical foundations
- provides assistance to parishes in the area of social justice by offering encouragement, resource materials and personal help
- connects diocesan social justice activities with activities of similar bodies in the National Church, in other dioceses and in other churches and faith communities
In 2017, the committee offered a series of “1 + 1 = 3” roundtable discussions on the following topics:
- Food Security
- Indigenous Reconciliation
- Poverty and Homelessnes
- Refugee Relocation and Support
- Global Justice
The roundtables are an opportunity to:
Advocates and champions for social justice from every parish are encouraged to attend the roundtables and share your experiences, engage your passion and further God’s reign of care and justice.
For more information, email communications coordinator Dorothy Marshall.